Opaque Bandage Aftercare
If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to
contact us: 773-267-2200 Enjoy your new tattoo!
1. Remove bandage in 2-4 hours. Do NOT rebandage.
2. Wash the tattoo with warm soapy water using your hand only.
Use a mild unscented anti-bacterial soap.
3. Pat dry with a clean paper towel and allow to air dry for
4. With clean hands, apply a very thin layer of A & D or
Aquaphor ointment. Use only enough to moisturize the tattoo.
DO NOT OVER APPLY!
5. Repeat steps 2-4, two to three times a day for 5 to 7 days.
6. After 5 to 7 days of using ointment you can switch to a plain
fragrance free lotion such as Eucerin or Lubriderm.
Use lotion 2-3 times a day until your tattoo is completely
healed. This can take up to a month.
•DO NOT SUBMERGE YOUR TATTOO IN
CHLORINATED WATER OR SALT WATER AND
AVOID DIRECT SUNLIGHT.
•DO NOT WET YOUR TATTOO FOR EXTENDED
PERIODS OF TIME WHILE IT IS HEALING.
i.e. BATHS or LONG SHOWERS
•DO NOT PICK AT YOUR TATTOO WHILE IT IS
HEALING. ALLOW THE TATTOO TO PEEL ON ITS
OWN! You can pat it gently if it is itching.
•DO NOT TOUCH YOUR TATTOO UNLESS YOU
ARE CLEANING IT.
•LIGHT EXERCISE IS OK. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR TATTOO TO DIRTY GYM EQUIPMENT! FOLLOWSTEPS 2-4 AFTER EXERCISE.
Clear Bandage Aftercare
Aftercare for Saniderm/Tegaderm/Derm Shield:
1. Clean and dry the tattoo thoroughly.
2. Cut Saniderm to the desired length and shape.
You should account for an extra inch or two on each side of
the tattoo to come in contact with un-tattooed, dry skin.
3. Expose the sticky side by peeling off the opaque backing.
Be careful to only touch the edges of the saniderm.
4. Bend the center of your Saniderm towards the tattoo and
gently smooth over the tattoo starting in the middle.
5. Once applied, remove only the supportive backing. This will
leave the actual bandage, a thin membrane over your tattoo.
6. The bandage should be flat on the skin with minimal bubbles
and wrinkles for best results. The bandage can leak if not
applied properly and once this happens it must be removed.
How Does Saniderm Work?
Unlike Saran Wrap, Saniderm is a medical-grade, breathable,
waterproof tattoo bandage. Saniderm is a breathable membrane.
Saniderm drastically reduces the risk of contaminants entering
the wound site of a fresh tattoo. Wearing Saniderm allows the
body to keep itself moisturized. You can shower with it on, but
submerging it in water is strongly discouraged.
Saniderm Removal - Keep bandage on for up to 5 days.
1. GENTLY peel Saniderm off starting with one edge under
shower water. Soap up the edge of the saniderm as you remove
it to help gently pull it off. DO NOT DRY RIP IT OFF.
2. Once the bandage has been removed, continue caring for the
tattoo by washing and moisturizing as needed, until the tattoo
is fully healed.
If you develop an adverse reaction, discontinue use immediately.
Do not reapply Saniderm after the scabbing/flaking phase of
tattoo healing has begun.